Thursday, April 3, 2014

Not Soup!

This recipe is not a soup recipe, but it has received rave reviews, so I decided to post it here. After seeing a recipe for avocado chicken salad, I decided to modify it and create a chicken guacamole that would serve as a high protein app. Although I am sort of a "feel it" cook rather than a recipe follower, I think this is pretty close to what I do.



Chicken Guacamole:

Ingredients:

I rotisserie chicken (I am lazy!)
1 red onion
3 or so ripe avocadoes
fresh cilantro
tomato
fresh lime
salt and pepper


Start by peeling the avocado, slicing and putting in mixing bowl.  Mash with potato masher or fork until well mashed.

Chop half the red onion very finely and add to mashed avocado. (You can add more or less, to taste.)

Chop half a tomato finely and add to mixture.

Add chopped fresh cilantro,to taste

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Squeeze juice of 1 lime over mixture and stir to combine.

Take one breast off a large rotisserie chicken (or 2 breasts, if chicken is small)  Chop very finely and add to above mixture.



This is great served with tortilla chips as an appetizer, or would work well as a salad topping on fresh greens.

I haven't done this yet, but if you like spicy, I think some finely chopped jalapeno would be delightful in this!






No comments:

Post a Comment