Thursday, April 17, 2014

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies







Today I decided  to try these cookies that I have been dying to taste! Unfortunately, I did not have all the ingredients that the original recipe called for....This is my adaptation from a recipe in Make it Paleo by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason. I had not nearly enough chocolate chips or bacon, but it came out wonderfully anyway!!  It was a great baking session with my 9 year old granddaughter Ayla, and the result was delicious!





Here is my basic recipe....way different from Staley and Mason, but I do think theirs might be better!

Ingredients:

3 slices nitrate free bacon
half cup maple syrup
3 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
Half cup coconut oil, melted
Half cup mini dark chocolate chips

Method:

Microwave bacon till crispy....it took about 3 minutes on full power in my microwave
Preheat oven to  375 degrees
Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl
In small mixing bowl, combine eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract....mix thoroughly
Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat until combined
Add melted coconut oil into batter and blend until combined
Stir in chocolate chips and crumbled cooked bacon
Drop balls of batter onto un greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes
Cool and serve

These cookies were a huge hit, and I can't wait to try them with more bacon and chocolate chips, as originally proposed by Staley and Mason! Thanks guys....these were truly delicious!



1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for the fact that they were delicious (Ayla's mom here) but I don't know if I agree that the original recipe would be better. I'd certainly be willing to test it out though! I've never had Paleo or gluten free cookies before and I was surprised beyond belief at how chewy and delicious these were. Plus, bacon and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete